A New Beginning

 

The year 2021 has come to an end as I watch the clock hit twelve and the numbers shift. It felt surreal. That exhilarating feeling as I jumped and greeted a "Happy New Year!" to each and everyone around me, the frantic text to greet those far away or maybe a call. Then, it subsides. Once the excitement and joy I felt was already out of my system, I realize once again that I am pulled back to my old routine or cycle of my life; the bad habits and the bad traits that are factors that created many of the unpleasing moments of 2021.


 https://tinyurl.com/26hrs98d


2021 was rough for many it was comparable to a road trip where we all made memories along the road of 2021 on the way to 2022. Some bad, some good, some we would want to keep, some we would want to forget--moments that have become memories of the year 2021. I had found it easy to greet 2022 with an easy heart by putting all of the negativity aside only for me to realize that putting aside negativity is sometimes the reason why positivity is hard to reach. If there is anything I desperately would want and look forward to this 2022, it is to find my passion, to be organized, and to improve my self and be more aware of my mental and emotional health. I hope that in 2022 I would find my core and strengthen my character. I realized how I am very unstable when it comes to handling my emotional and mental health. I get stressed often due to me being disorganized and experience intense emotions that tires me out. I found myself having regrets of the past year of what I could have done; a lingering feeling that consumes me whenever my head is empty--like a burden to carry. Looking back to who I was in 2021, I would say I am not proud of myself. I had lacked in so many aspects and I would want to fill that gap in order to feel complete and proud. 

A new year is a new beginning, a start of something new, a chance, a hope for something better to arrive. Though 2021 has been tough for me it is still a chapter of my life that shaped me to be who I am today. This year I look forward to a better and improved "me", I look forward to greet 2023 with a "me" that I would be proud of. 2021 may not be my, or your year, but I am definite that 2022 will be everyones year. A year of a new beginning, a fresh start, a chance and a hope for everyone. 

Comments

Popular Posts